Monday, January 7, 2008

Follow your instincts, not your cravings at Mugsy's

I'll keep this brief.
Mugsy's - don't get Mexican food at a place that is not a Mexican place. The tacos were 75 cents so I figured, why not. They were about that good, too.
My dining companion had enchiladas. They were essentially little flour tortillas filled with unmelted cheese drizzled with a small amount of sauce. Blech.
My summary of Mugsy's is this: of the multiple times I've been there, it's been hit and miss. The fish and chips I had there last year were fantastic. Everything else has been a little bit or a lot of bit disappointing.
Go and booze it up. If you must eat, sigh, I suppose it will taste better then anyway.

1 comment:

ilyms said...

Amen! We recently moved to SE Michigan, crossing the border from our beloved Ohio. When we first checked out Monroe we were thrilled at the choices of new places to dine. Mugsy's was one of our first dining experiences. Not a kid friendly place. Poor service (maybe because we had a kid), and just plain obnoxious. We have our "spots" in Monroe (Mugsy's is NOT one of them), but for the most part we still trek back to Toledo (OH) for food and entertainment. Plus, in OH, all eating establishments are smoke free. That is the cherry on top of an overflowing hot fudge sundae!